- Children & Families
- Communicable Disease
- Community Health
- Family Planning
- Flu Information
- Healthy Communities
- Tobacco Prevention
- WIC: Women, Infants &
Children Nutrition Program
- About Environmental Health
- Land Use & Development
- Food Safety
- Licensing & Permits
- Service Request Form
Environmental Public Health: Solid Waste/Hazardous Waste
The ACHD EPH Solid Waste program is responsible for permitting and inspection of solid waste handling facilities such as the Asotin County Regional Landfill, inert/demolition waste landfills, drop boxes, transfer stations, composting sites, etc. We are funded primarily by a Solid Waste Enforcement Grant through the Washington State Department of Ecology. The match portion of our funding is collected through annual permit fees.
We also review and take action on complaint sites to assure compliance with appropriate local and state regulations. Our goal is to correct nuisance sites before they become a threat to Public Health. We also assist in preventing solid waste handling violations by educating and informing the public of the proper methods to dispose of solid waste materials. This helps to keep our community free of the hazards presented by improper disposal issues.
Before Solid Waste Enforcement...
After Solid Waste Enforcement
Solid Waste Links
Most of our forms and documents are in Adobe Acrobat format. Please click here to download Acrobat Reader for free if it is not already installed on your computer or portable device.
Click on the links below to be directed to the site or document:
- Rules for Solid Waste Handling Standards (WAC 173-350) - administrative code governing solid waste.
- Washington State Department of Ecology Waste 2 Resources - useful documents, regulations, guidelines and support for solid waste handling and disposal.
Local Solid Waste Links of Interest:
- ACHD Ordinance 86-01 and 91-01 - local ordinance governing solid waste in Asotin County. A separate "junk ordinance" is used by law enforcement, which is # 96-29.
- EPH Service Request Form - File a complaint or request information.